WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY?
Our goal is to bring joy to the world through sound. In order to do this in the best possible way we need to connect you to your music. We can achieve this most successfully by understanding your preferences as they relate to our products and services and by understanding how you use our products.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, or indicating you agree by checking a box or clicking on an “accept” button or similar indications of explicit consent you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you in a variety of ways such as:
• when you use our website
• when you contact us about products and services
• when you use some of our products that connect to the internet such as our apps and certain hardware products such as our audio video receivers that connect to the internet
• When you choose to register your product or to create an account with us
• If you decide you want to receive offers or literature from us such as newsletters or new product updates and offerings
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
When you interact with Alpha Works in any of the above ways or ways that may be available in the future we may ask for or you may provide us with certain data, such as:
• Your name
• Your email address
• Your telephone number
• Your gender
• Your age
• Information about the products and services you have purchased
• Your interests
• Other information you decide to provide
Depending on the choices you have made in your privacy settings on various social media platforms, certain personal information may be shared with Alpha Works about your online activities and social media profiles, e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, posts you have made. If you do not want this, please make sure to update your personal settings on the social media platforms that you use.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS INFORMATION AND HOW IS IT USED?
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
• Providing products and services to you
• To maintain contact with you
• To optimize our products and services
• Market research
• Customer service, and handling complaints/disputes
• The performance of audits, such as accounting audits
• To meet our legal obligations
• Activating or registering certain products and services or enhancing functionality
• Participating in Sound United online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs
• Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Alpha Works so that the information doesn’t have to be collected anew
• Allowing us to keep you informed of, or offering to let you test new products and services
• Receiving personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and on the information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the Sound United websites/social media/blogs and products
DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USE OF 'COOKIES'
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.